eBulletin January 2016
Oakwood Farmers’ Market
Happy New Year! Seems like winter has just arrived. The snow and ice is forecast, but don’t let that keep you away. Come and get your winter warmers at the Oakwood clock this Saturday, 16th January 9am to 12:30pm.
Bread and Treats – Leeds Bread Coop
Fresh Curry Sauce – Really Indian Sauces
Leeds Bread Coop
If you haven’t yet tried their amazing ‘proper’ bread, now is the time. Perfect with hearty soups and stews for winter.
Really Indian Sauces
Comforting and warming curry for the cold weather and the cold bugs.
Regular Stall Holders sell meat, fish, fruit and veg, eggs, cheese, pies, pastries, soups, sauces, juice and preserves.
No REAP Gardening Group this month. The next time you will see us at the market will be February 2016 when we start preparing for the new growing season. Come over and chat with us and join our growing community! Facebook link
Roundhay Live and REAP Stall
Hosting this month is the Parochial and Home Guard Snooker Club. If like me you didn’t know we had a snooker club in Oakwood – with a bar! You should see these guys for more details.
The market dates for 2016 are as follows 26th January, 20th February, 19th March, 16th April, 21st May, 18th June, 16th July, 20th August, 17th September, 15th October, 19th November, 17th December
You can downlown the leaflet at oakwoodfarmersmarket.com.
REAP News and Event
THE PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE OF LEGAL AID
Tuesday 2 February 2016 at 7.30p.m.
Philip Goldberg, Partner and Head of Criminal Law at Lester Morrill Solicitors
Events in Roundhay Park*
Once again, thanks to the Friends of Roundhay Park for this monthly round-up of events in the park.
- Free Tennis Coaching (from age 5 to adults), tennis courts, last Saturday in the month, 2-4 pm.
- Leeds Rowing Club, Waterloo Lake, weekend mornings
- British Military Fitness Training, meet at Princes Avenue Car Park, Monday and Wednesday evenings, Friday and Saturday mornings
- outFIT Fitness Training, meet at the Lakeside Cafe Car Park, Monday and Wednesday evenings, Saturday mornings
- Roundhay parkrun (free, timed 5 Km, on Saturdays at 9 am), meet at the bandstand at the top of the Carriage Ride from 8:45. To be timed, register online at parkrun.org.uk
- Carnegie Brazilian Soccer Schools, on Soldiers’ Field between Old Park Road and Princes Avenue, Saturday mornings
- Roundhay Runners, meet at Princes Avenue car park, Thursday evenings at 7 pm
- Leeds Cycling Action Group’s Easy Riders (short, 15-mile social rides), meet at Princes Avenue Car Park, Saturdays at 10:15 am for a 10:30 start
To receive the monthly round-up of events that John Ferguson compiles for FoRP, contact: email@example.com.