eBulletin December 2015
Oakwood Farmers’ Market
Come and get some treats at the last market before Christmas at the Oakwood clock this Saturday, 19th December 9am to 12:30pm.
Leeds famous marshmallows – Art of Mallow
Handmade Italian food – Mario Olianas
Local Roundhay Honey – Support Yorkshire Bees
Ketchups and Jams – The Seasonal Larder
Cured meats – The Reliance
Art of Mallow
Amazing flavours, perfect for Christmas gifts, if you can resist eating them yourself. They often sell out early.
Variety of Italian delights, most popular are his doughnuts
Ever thought of keeping your own bees? Talk to these guys.
The Seasonal Larder
Makers of preserves made from fruits, vegetables, flowers and herbs all grown within 50 miles of LS25.
Salami, chorizo, hams all from local rare breed pork. Outstanding Christmas treats.
Regular Stall Holders sell meat, fish, fruit and veg, eggs, cheese, pies, pastries, soups, sauces, juice and preserves.
No gourmet mushroom stall this month.
No REAP Gardening Group this month. The next time you will see us at the market will be February 2016 when we start preparing for the new growing season. Come over and chat with us and join our growing community! Facebook link
Roundhay Live and REAP Stall
Roundhay Environmental Action Project offering free mince pies with donations to St Gemma’s Hospice.
Friends of Gledhow Valley Wood selling calendars to help raise funds to maintain Gledhow Valley Woods.
Leeds Lions Club will be selling mulled wine, to raise funds for their great work.
Oakwood Cinema will be promoting their next films (Paddington PG and Mr Holmes)
The last market date for 2015 is 19th December, 2016 markets to be announced!
Stay informed at oakwoodfarmersmarket.com.
REAP News and Event
Cafe Sci Leeds 8pm, Tuesday 22nd December 2015
Seven Arts (31A Harrogate Road, Chapel Allerton, Leeds LS7 3PD)
Annual festive science-related quiz
Do I need to come with a team? No – you can turn up and form a team with others, or join a team.
THE PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE OF LEGAL AID
Tuesday 2 February 2016 at 7.30p.m.
Philip Goldberg, Partner and Head of Criminal Law at Lester Morrill Solicitors
Paris Talks on Climate Change
After a lot of public interest and pressure, an agreement has now been reached. Read an analysis by Friends of the Earth.
Events in Roundhay Park*
Once again, thanks to the Friends of Roundhay Park for this monthly round-up of events in the park.
- Free Tennis Coaching (from age 5 to adults), tennis courts, last Saturday in the month, 2-4 pm.
- Leeds Rowing Club, Waterloo Lake, weekend mornings
- British Military Fitness Training, meet at Princes Avenue Car Park, Monday and Wednesday evenings, Friday and Saturday mornings
- outFIT Fitness Training, meet at the Lakeside Cafe Car Park, Monday and Wednesday evenings, Saturday mornings
- Roundhay parkrun (free, timed 5 Km, on Saturdays at 9 am), meet at the bandstand at the top of the Carriage Ride from 8:45. To be timed, register online at parkrun.org.uk
- Carnegie Brazilian Soccer Schools, on Soldiers’ Field between Old Park Road and Princes Avenue, Saturday mornings
- Roundhay Runners, meet at Princes Avenue car park, Thursday evenings at 7 pm
- Leeds Cycling Action Group’s Easy Riders (short, 15-mile social rides), meet at Princes Avenue Car Park, Saturdays at 10:15 am for a 10:30 start
To receive the monthly round-up of events that John Ferguson compiles for FoRP, contact: email@example.com.
The REAP eBulletin is produced by Judy Summerhill and Kari Walker for REAP members and anyone else interested in local, community and environmental issues in Roundhay and more widely. Please let us know if you come across anything local and/or environmental that you think we should include.
To find out more about REAP and the other work we do in the community, go to www.reap-leeds.org.uk or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not yet a member of REAP, there is an application form on the website.
*These events are not organised by REAP